Antique French Pine Cone Commode - Spectacular rustic antique French mountain region 3 drawer book-matched walnut commode. This commode is in very nice condition, only the drawers needed restoration to work like new
When you are looking for a good way to spruce up your cabinets, there is no quicker or easier way to do it than with new hardware. The classic metals and even ceramics are all well and good, but what if you want your cabinets to be truly unique? Well, here are ten great found object ideas that you can use when you update your cabinet hardware:
1. Silverware –Spoons, forks and even butter knifes make for great handles. You can bend them to form the correct shape or just use as is.
2. Spools of thread – Add an empty spool to your cabinet to make it really stand out. Simple and elegant, you get to express your love for sewing in a subtle way.
3. Keys –An old fashioned key is sturdy enough to stand up to years of wear and attractive enough to stand out. Whether you want the filigreed look or something simpler, there is a wide selection of keys out there.
4. Billiard balls –Who doesn’t love a great game of pool? Well, express that love throughout your home with billiard ball drawer pulls and cabinet knobs. Smooth, classy and cool.
A 19th century pine top table with single drawer with antler legs & drawer pulls, Continental, 19th century
5.Antlers –If your home has a more rustic feel, and you love to hunt, you may want to go with antlers. Naturally attractive in shape, antlers can make great accessories to your wood cabinetry.
6. Stones – There is nothing like smooth stone to add a hint of tranquility to your home. With great color variation and organic shapes, natural stone may be just the thing you are looking for.
7. Branding iron – Rustic and full of the cowboy spirit, a branding iron is a great way to accent your cabinetry. Made of cast iron, these heavy duty drawer pulls will last a lifetime. Keep black or let it age for a rust colored addition.
8. Horseshoes – Another great addition for a country home, the horseshoe is a symbol of good luck. Great for larger cabinets and heavy drawers, the sturdy horseshoe is sure to bring you luck!
9.Typewriter keys –Writers and bibliophiles alike will love this addition to their cabinetry. The classic round black and white letters add a dash of elegance.
10.Wine corks – The wine aficionado will adore the innovate use of their collection of wine corks. Simple and earthy, cork adds some nature to stark cabinetry.
Paul and his wife Julie both spend quite a bit of time coming up with ideas, blogging, and researching all things related to childcare. They take care of all the necessary information related to “babysittingjobs.com”. He personally thinks his blog will help finding information on all things related to a babysitter.